Mar 18th 2018
This Week in Tech 658
The Matador Defense
RyzenFall AMD Flaw, Quitting Facebook, Apple March Announcement, and More!
Controversial RyzenFall AMD flaws revealed. Leo gives up Facebook for good over Cambridge Analytica scandal. Broadcom gives up its Qualcomm takeover. Apple announces an education-themed event on March 27th. Farewell Adrian Lamo. Theranos officially charged with fraud. Bitcoin mining will drain the world's energy.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- 13 Critical Flaws Discovered in AMD Ryzen and EPYC Processors
- Linus Torvalds slams CTS Labs over AMD vulnerability report
- CTS Labs Speaks: Why It Blindsided AMD With Ryzenfall And Other Vulnerabilities
- Severe Security Advisory on AMD Processors
- Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach | News | The Guardian
- Suspending Cambridge Analytica and SCL Group from Facebook | Facebook Newsroom
- Facebook investigating employee's links to Cambridge Analytica
- White House Blocks Broadcom's Proposed Takeover of Qualcomm
- WTF is CFIUS?
- Broadcom has decided not to acquire Qualcomm
- China's Huawei set to lead global charge to 5G networks
- SS7 hack explained: what can you do about it?
- Steve Jobs Employment Questionnaire Sold for $174,757 at Auction
- Apple to Host March 27 Event in Chicago: 'Creative New Ideas for Teachers and Students' - Mac Rumors
- HP ENVY x2
- iOS 11.3 beta 2 adds brand new ClassKit framework for educational apps
- Above Avalon: An Apple R&D Bonanza
- Samsung and UCSF Introduce My BP Lab, a Smartphone App for Blood Pressure and Stress Research
- Celebrating Stephen Hawking | plus.maths.org
- Adrian Lamo is dead
- SEC.gov | Theranos, CEO Holmes, and Former President Balwani Charged With Massive Fraud
- This City Just Passed the First Bitcoin Mining Ban in the US - Motherboard
- How to mine Ethereum with your MacBook and eGPU graphics adapters
- How Iceland became the bitcoin miners’ paradise