Dec 10th 2017
This Week in Tech 644
This Is Fine
Bitcoin hits $20,000, then drops back to $15,000. San Francisco to ban robots. DeepMindAI teaches itself to be a chess grandmaster in 4 hours. Net Neutrality dies in 4 days. Qualcomm and Microsoft announce Windows on ARM computers. Facebook Messenger for Kids targets 6-year-olds. 2017's top 10 YouTube videos and earners. Jony Ive is back in charge at Apple design.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- The Winklevoss twins are now Bitcoin billionaires
- The Bitcoin Whales: 1,000 People Who Own 40 Percent of the Market
- San Francisco to robots: Don’t crowd our sidewalks
- Three US Airlines Will Start Banning Some Smart Luggage in January
- DeepMind AI needs mere 4 hours of self-training to become a chess overlord | Ars Technica
- Woz ‘bit the bullet’ and tried iPhone X. It’s not for him.
- There Are 700 Protests in All 50 States Today in Support of Net Neutrality
- FCC formally refuses to hand over any data or logs in New York attorney general's inquiry into fake net neutrality comments
- Ajit Pai jokes with Verizon exec about him being a “puppet” FCC chair
- Tired of despairing of Trump and Brexit? Why not despair about YouTube stars instead?
- Patreon defends new pricing after user uproar
- Apple is buying Shazam at a big discount
- The top 10 YouTube videos of the year
- Facebook for 6-Year-Olds? Welcome to Messenger Kids
- Microsoft launches ARM-powered Windows 10 PCs with ‘all-day’ battery life
- Dell, Other Vendors Start Shipping Laptops With Intel ME Firmware Disabled