Aug 6th 2017
This Week in Tech 626
- Amy Webb's Journalism professor told her that nobody would ever publish camera phone photos
- Rob Reid got his start writing humorous Amazon reviews
- Iain Thompson's phrase of the week: "They over-egged the pudding on that one."
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- WannaCry-killer Marcus Hutchins pleads not guilty to malware claims
- WannaCry kill-switch hero Marcus Hutchins collared by FBI on way home from DEF CON
- WannaCry-slayer Marcus Hutchins 'built Kronos banking trojan' – FBI
- Hungarian teen arrested for exposing major security flaw in public transit website
- A Googler's Anti-Diversity Screed Reveals Tech's Rotten Core - The Atlantic
- Google just hired a diversity VP — just as it struggles with a sexist memo from an employee
- Exclusive: Here's The Full 10-Page Anti-Diversity Screed Circulating Internally at Google [Updated]
- So, about this Googler’s manifesto.
- Vic Gundotra throws FB shade on his old employer
- No, Facebook’s Chatbots Will Not Take Over the World
- Rogue chatbots deleted in China after questioning Communist Party
- US Army calls for units to discontinue use of DJI equipment
- Uber Can't Find a Woman to Be CEO, So Has Bravely Narrowed Their Search Down to Three Dudes
- Buy the Book - The Signals Are Talking
- Piper's Picks TV