Jul 2nd 2017
This Week in Tech 621
Butler in a Box
Harassment in Silicon Valley, iPhone Turns 10, Amazon Echo Show, and more.
New York Times reporter Katie Benner joins us to talk about sexual harassment in Silicon Valley. Former host of MacBreak Weekly Scott Bourne joins us to talk about what it was like getting the 1st iPhone 10 years ago. This Week in Law host Denise Howell talks about the EU's €2.42 billion judgement against Google, and Zillow's suit against McMansion Hell. Iain Thomson rounds out the panel with some luddite views of the Amazon Echo Show and harsh words for The Guardian.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Silicon Valley Women Tell of VC’s Unwanted Advances
- Women in Tech Speak Frankly on Culture of Harassment
- I’m a Creep. I’m Sorry.
- Making Changes at 500
- I Have More Work To Do. - Chris Sacca
- Google hires ex-Intel VP Danielle Brown as VP of Diversity, says 20% of tech employees are now women
- Joanna Stern Tries to Spend a Week Using an Original iPhone
- Antitrust: Commission fines Google €2.42 billion for abusing dominance as search engine
- Related: Jarvis op-ed
- Google says it “respectfully disagrees” with the EU Commission's decision and will review it in detail
- Canadian Supreme Court Says It's Fine To Censor The Global Internet; Authoritarians & Hollywood Cheer
- Review: Amazon Echo Show
- Amazon rolls out Alexa intercom function, letting users "drop in" on Echo speakers remotely
- Zillow doesn’t even own the photos it threatened to sue a popular blogger over
- Uber just completed its 5 billionth trip, proving most people are okay with all the scandals
- Flawed reporting about WhatsApp