Jun 18th 2017
This Week in Tech 619
Honey, I Shrunk the Panel
Hosted by Jason Calacanis
Amazon buys Whole Foods, Twitter evolves, kids' screen time, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 5:15pm Eastern / 2:15pm Pacific / 21:15 UTC.
Guests: Brian Alvey, Dave Mathews, Peter Rojas
Amazon buys Whole Foods, and has its eyes on Slack. Apple's HomePod - Sonos killer? Facebook's Safety Check causes stress. Twitter's redesign. Voter fraud conspiracies. E3 announcements.
- Jason's Pick: Zero Fasting Tracker
- Brian's Pick: React Native
- Peter's Pick: Star Trek Bridge Crew
- Dave's Pick: Boosted Board, EZ Robot
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Amazon to buy Whole Foods Market for $13.7B in all-cash deal
- 5 ways the Amazon-Whole Foods deal could change the way we shop
- Instacart, with four years left in its Whole Foods contract, says "Amazon just declared war" on grocery stores
- Amazon’s new Alexa-enabled Dash Wand is basically free for Prime subscribers
- Interview with Tim Cook on HomePod, AR, enterprise strategy, manufacturing products in the US, Donald Trump, US tax code, more
- Is Amazon crazy for wanting to buy Slack for $9 billion?
- TWITTER REDESIGNED ITSELF TO MAKE THE TWEET SUPREME AGAIN
- Evolving Twitter: A message from our CEO
- Inside the battle to be the top reply to a Trump tweet
- Facebook requests input on hard questions about censorship
- Source: Russia's cyberattack on the US electoral system hit voter databases and software systems in a total of 39 states
- Facebook Just Expanded Safety Check
- Facebook's implementation of Safety Check is poor
- Xbox One X: Everything you need to know
- Microsoft E3 2017: Every trailer and announcement
- Everything Sony Showed At E3 2017
- Nintendo at E3 2017: all of the latest news, trailers, and announcements