May 28th 2017
This Week in Tech 616
That's Not a Hot Dog
Is Apple just pretending to be innovative? Does AlphaGo's latest victory mean that general AI is around the corner? Who knows more about you, Facebook or Google? Should the NSA stockpile exploits? How long can Tesla stay on top of the EV market? Are robot cops coming? And... Is that a hot dog?
- Clayton Morris recommends Cosmic Disclosure for the latest in UFO conspiracies.
- Dan Patterson recommends Gerrit Lansing for the latest in political data analytics.
- Tim Stevens knows that if you gaze long at the Cap'n Crunch, the Cap'n Crunch also gazes at you.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- 'Steve Jobs hype is over': Rare Apple 1 fetches only $130,000 at auction
- Watch Apple’s new ‘spaceship’ campus get built in just one minute
- Apple’s needleless blood sugar tracker has an uphill battle in front of it
- AliveCor Kardia
- Apple Is Working on a Dedicated Chip to Power AI on Devices
- Photos show cases for new 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro, with rear mic holes like $329 iPad
- Apple staff blackout dates hint at 'iPhone 8' launch post-Sept. 17
- AlphaGo retires from competitive Go after defeating world number one 3-0
- Google Attribution is a free and easy way to evaluate marketing efforts
- An in-depth look at Google’s first Tensor Processing Unit (TPU)
- Facebook criticized for analyzing teenagers’ feelings, accused of providing information to advertiser
- Exclusive Interview: How Jared Kushner Won Trump The White House
- CA Political
- Cosmic Disclosure
- Android Automotive hands-on: Google is finally ready to talk about its car OS
- The state of the car computer: Forget horsepower, we want megahertz!
- The hot dog-identifying app from HBO’s Silicon Valley is real, and you can download it now
- Android co-founder Andy Rubin will likely debut his new Essential smartphone May 30th
- Chaos Computer Club hackers say they have defeated Samsung Galaxy S8's iris recognition system using a fake iris
- Who Are the Shadow Brokers? Educated guesses via @schneierblog
- Introducing Travel Mode: Protect your data when crossing borders
- Tesla Analyst Split Comes Down to Tech Believers Versus Car Guys
- Patreon says it now has 1M monthly active paying patrons and 50K active creators
- The inevitable rise of the robocops
- Mossberg: The Disappearing Computer
- Clayton Morris
- Morris Invest
- Morris Invest Podcast
- Tim Stevens
- Dan Patterson
- Dan Patterson (dot) com