Mar 5th 2017
This Week in Tech 604
Flabby, Flaccid, and Flatulent
Snapchat has a huge IPO -and makes one high school $24 million. Is Apple killing the lightning port on the iPhone 8? Spotify crosses the 50 million user mark. Mobile World Congress 2017 had a whole bunch of great phones. Nintendo Switch cartridges taste horrible on purpose. Overwatch wins Game of the Year at GDC. All this and Uber's terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad week.
- Florence Ion shows off the new LG G6.
- Peter Rojas
- Alex Wilhelm pronounces "flaccid" wrong.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- MWC 2017 roundup: All the announcements you missed from Samsung, LG, Moto, and more
- Sorry, the new Nokia 3310 won't work in the US - CNET
- Sony Launches Xperia XZ Premium and Xperia XZs Phones For US Market
- Snap Bears May Drive $1 Billion of Short Sales Within a Week
- Snapchat Shares Surge 44% in Market Debut
- A California High School Made a Ton of Money From Snap’s IPO
- Apple’s Next iPhone Will Have a Curved Screen - WSJ
- Uber’s SVP of engineering is out after he did not disclose he left Google in a dispute over a sexual harassment allegation
- ‘I must fundamentally change and grow up’: Uber CEO Travis Kalanick’s big apology
- How Uber Deceives the Authorities Worldwide - Greyball
- Spotify now has 50 million paid subscribers - The Verge