Dec 11th 2016
This Week in Tech 592
McAfee for Cyber
Samsung pushes out an "update" that kills the Note 7 once and for all - unless you're on Verizon. Tech heavyweights meet with Trump this week. CIA determines that Russians hacked the DNC and RNC. Amazon creates a cashierless store with Amazon Go. Why are the AirPods delayed? PewDiePie trolls us all. Wearables are dead.
- Ed Bott talks about our post-fact era
- Christina Warren shows off her Snapchat Spectacles
- The top 10 YouTubers make Devindra Hardawar (and the rest of us) feel old
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Samsung confirms it will render the US Note 7 useless with next update
- Verizon statement regarding Samsung Galaxy Note7
- Tim Cook, Larry Page, Sheryl Sandberg — and maybe even Jeff Bezos — are going to Trump’s tech summit next week
- Washington Post: CIA concluded Russia intervened to help Trump
- WSJ Report on Apple’s Mysterious AirPods Delay
- More Than 1 Million Google Accounts Breached by Gooligan
- PewDiePie deletes his (other) YouTube channel
- PewDiePie: YouTube may be 'killing' my channel because I'm white, so I'll delete it
- Amazon launches a beta of Go, a cashier-free, app-based food shopping experience
- Wearables Are Dead
- Fitbit confirms Pebble software assets acquisition; Pebble is shutting down, cancels Pebble Time 2 and Core
- Moto pushes off smartwatches indefinitely
- Apple Watch Drops to Just 5% Share of Wearables Market as Basic Fitness Trackers 'Reign Supreme'
- Apple Watch sales to consumers set record in holiday week, says Apple's Cook
- Inside the Bizarre Movement to Make John McAfee Cyber Czar