Jul 31st 2016
This Week in Tech 573
A Very Vindictive Bulldog
Jason Calacanis brings us news from the Tesla Gigafactory opening as we debate what "Autopilot" means. Apple's 3rd quarter profits beat the predictions, but is their Irish tax arrangement fraud? In other 3rd quarter results, Twitter is down, Amazon is up, and Mark Zuckerberg just made $3.4 billion in one hour.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Apple Sales Top Estimates as Consumers Warm to Cheaper iPhone
- Apple’s ‘Titan’ car project reportedly shifting focus to automated car software
- Elon Musk takes press inside the Gigafactory for the first time
- Master Plan, Part Deux
- Pokemon Go update: All the latest changes you need to know – from customised avatars to safety warnings
- Is it dumb to trust smart technology?
- Ninth Circuit Panel Backs Away From Dangerous Password Sharing Decision—But Creates Even More Confusion About the CFAA
- Estonian e-Residency
- Is D.N.C. Email Hacker a Person or a Russian Front? Experts Aren’t Sure
- Assange, Avowed Foe of Clinton, Timed Email Release for Democratic Convention
- Did Twitter Torpedo The #DNCLeak Hashtag From Trending?
- Kanye West Wants Meeting Between Tim Cook and Jay Z to End 'Beef' Between Apple Music and Tidal
- Apple - Every Second
- Amazon reaches new high of 268,900 employees - skyrocketing 47% in just one year (Nat Levy/GeekWire)
- Facebook Profit Nearly Triples on Mobile Ad Sales and New Users