Jun 5th 2016
This Week in Tech 565
Elon Musk thinks we are living in a computer simulation, and that one AI company will plunge us into despotism. Also, Mary Meeker's 2016 Internet Trends, Snapchat passes Twitter, and the FBI is tracking tattoos
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
- AI everywhere, Elon Musk is living in a simulation, FBI tracking tattoos
- Elon Musk: The chance we are not living in a computer simulation is 'one in billions'
- Amazon Alexa now has over 1,000 Skills, up from 135 in January
- Google building Assistant ‘character’ with backstory and childhood
- Alexa could be the 4th pillar of Amazon, says Jeff Bezos | VentureBeat | Bots | by Jordan Novet
- Facebook spares humans by fighting offensive photos with AI | TechCrunch
- Periscope has a new plan to fight back against internet trolls - Recode
- Snapchat Passes Twitter in Daily Usage - Bloomberg
- Amazon sues sellers who buy fake reviews
- Sources! say! Twitter's! after! you! Yahoo!
- The best Meeker 2016 Internet Trends slides and what they mean
- Leaving the Nest. | Nest
- FBI is building a tattoo tracking AI to identify criminals
- Lenovo cries 'dump our support app' after 'critical' hole found
- Microsoft makes blocking Windows 10 update near impossible
- Walmart will test last-mile grocery delivery via Uber, Lyft and Deliv
- Saudi Arabia just invested a historic amount of cash in Uber
- The Sims 4 discards gender rules for all clothing, customizations