Jun 4th 2006
This Week in Tech 56
Bork, Bork, Bork
The TWiTs put the kibosh on the kerfuffle...
- First podcaster? Doug nominates Christopher Lydon
- Watch Molly handling the Dell Media Mogul, the world's biggest laptop ( XPS M2010)
- DOJ goes to ISPs asking them to save two years of client info, including searches
- Dvorak's Marketwatch column says it's all about getting market tips
- Swedish police bork The Pirate Bay, but they're back up already
- The Swedish Pirate Party staged big protests
- MPAA is shutting trackers down and investing in BitTorrent
- IM.com has BitTorrent built-into its client
- Is there going to be BitTorrent in Firefox? - there is in Opera
- Listen to Jon van Tetzner, the president of Opera, on TWiT 15
- Opera and Safari are the only two browsers that pass Acid2 Test
- AllofMP3.com still skates around the law and, in a amazing twist of irony, "sells" Thievery Corporation music
- Russia's ROM defends its legality
- The office of the US Trade Representative says Russia's membership in the WTO depends on its closure of sites like AllofMP3
- IPFI sets the record straight
- FedEx's DVD sniffing dogs are looking for fakes
- Microsoft drops PDF support from Office 2007
- Adobe threatens Microsoft with anti-trust action in the EU
- Numbers stations are moving to VoIP
- Vloggercon is coming to SF this week
- Gnomedex 6 is on its way to Seattle
- Vonage customers must buy devalued shares at the full price
- Microsoft OneCare goes live, and faces competition from McAfee and Symantec
- Canon abandons its film SLR business
- Is Dvorak talking about the overclockable Athlon 4200+?
- He's looking for a sweater from the Reykjavik Hard Rock Cafe
- CMP says " Web 2.0 is ours" - O'Reilly is shocked, but drops request.
- Now available on IT Conversations
- Listen to the Bruce Sterling Web 2.0 keynote on IT Conversations
Join us at Podcast Academy 3, June 16 on the Yahoo! Campus in Silicon Valley.
We will be live from the Apple Store, this Friday, June 9, with the Vloggers from Vloggercon.