Apr 10th 2016
This Week in Tech 557
A Trainwreck of Brobdingnagian Proportions
Decryption bill, the Melatonin blues, selfie inflicted, looking at nothing, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
- APPLE VS. U.S. ISN’T OVER YET; FEINSTEIN-BURR ‘ENCRYPTION BILL’ DRAFT SURFACES
- Senate encryption bill draft mandates 'technical assistance' | TheHill
- Don’t Let California Lawmakers Undermine Smartphone Security
- The time that Tony Fadell sold me a container of hummus. — Medium
- Does Apple’s new Night Shift mode really give you a better night’s sleep?
- Politics, news and editorial video slashed in Mashable restructuring - POLITICO
- Facebook Struggles to Stop Decline in ‘Original’ Sharing
- ‘Monkey Selfie’ Naruto Files Appeal
- In the Future, We Will Photograph Everything and Look at Nothing
- Lifelogging is dead (for now)
- Yahoo Gives Bidders Another Week, Moving Deadline to April 18
- U.K.’s Daily Mail Explores Bid for Yahoo Backed by Private Equity
- Game of War’s paying players spent an average of $550 on its in-app purchases in 2015
- It's 'Boom Time' for Podcast Advertising. Ira Glass Just Hopes the Bubble Doesn't Burst
- Why The FBI Director Puts Tape Over His Webcam
- WordPress.com turns on HTTPS encryption for all websites
- Publishers call Brave's privacy-centric browser "illegal"; Brave responds
- Forbes Site, After Begging You Turn Off Adblocker, Serves Up A Steaming Pile Of Malware 'Ads'
- Self-driving truck convoy completes its first major journey across Europe