Oct 25th 2015
This Week in Tech 533
Two Hamiltons and a Cone
Tech earnings, YouTube Red, viral bacon, Hilary GIFs, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
- Microsoft Earnings Release FY16 Q1
- Amazon Handily Beats Analyst Expectations With $25.4B In Sales, Stock Spikes 11%
- Amazon, New York Times engage in fact-check slapfight on Medium
- Alphabet Announces Third Quarter 2015 Results of Google
- Tim Cook says new Apple TV coming next week, reveals 6.5m paying Apple Music subscribers
- Apple tells U.S. judge 'impossible' to unlock new iPhones
- DOJ dismisses Apple's arguments against decrypting iOS communications
- Nearly everyone dislikes CISA, so Congress will make it law
- Forums from when Apple announced the first iPod: "Apple's New Thing (iPod)"
- An inside look at YouTube’s new ad-free subscription service
- ESPN is shutting down its YouTube channels over paid subscriptions
- YouTube Will Completely Remove Videos Of Creators Who Don’t Sign Its Red Subscription Deal
- Microsoft to show off Halo 5: Guardians’ gameplay using airspace above Sydney
- Facebook is unleashing universal search across its entire social network
- CEO Jack Dorsey Gives a Third of His Twitter Stock Back to Employees
- Twitter CEO Dorsey Apologizes To Developers, Says He Wants To “Reset” Relations
- Yay! Twitter for Mac doesn’t suck anymore
- Yahoo Talent Exodus Accelerates as Marissa Mayer’s Turnaround Flounders
- A Cross-Platform, Global Network
- The GIF Bite Election
- Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Programmed to Kill