Apr 30th 2006
This Week in Tech 52
From game systems to next generation disc formats and bandwidth blues, politics, and viruses to Google, Yahoo, and the Red camera. This is TWiT 52!
- John's back from Brazil loaded with Cachaca but no absinthe
- Nintendo's Revolution is now Wii
- Xbox will have an HD-DVD
- Robert says Blu-Ray will ship May 23
- Warner Brothers will make a dual format disc with standard DVD on one side, and HD-DVD on the other
- Where are the dual-standard players? Dvorak says the licensing contracts force manufacturers to stick with one format
- Pioneer says dual format players are a "bad idea"
- Forbes says YouTube is spending $1 million/month on bandwidth
- The Bush administration will invoke security privilege to quash the EFF law suit against AT&T
- Political dirty tricks come to Wikipedia
- A Chinese businessman has bought a used fighter jet from Ebay
- New ransomware virus demands $10.99 or it will delete your files one by one
- Is Google profiting from your typos?
- Yahoo is being accused of helping China jail another dissident
- Steve Jobs says he doesn't want to run Disney
- The Oakley Red camera uses the mysterium chip - but no unobtainium
- But what happened to the Foveon?
- University of Colorado police post pictures of people smoking pot and ask their friends to identify them for $50