Jul 19th 2015
This Week in Tech 519
Bad News Drones
Hi-res music debate, cleaning up Reddit, ending Flash, and more.
For additional show notes, visit twit.tv/twit/519.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
- How Apple Music could save the music industry without even trying
- Apple's new iPod touch: Better specs, more colors (gold!), same price
- Neil Young is yanking his catalog from streaming services
- Google Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2015 Results
- Google Adds a Record $60 Billion to Its Stock in One Day
- YouTube Grew Watch Time 60 Percent Year-Over-Year
- YouTube's global watch time grew 60% YoY; average mobile viewing session now over 40 minutes
- Ellen Pao reflects on being trolled, says balancing free expression with privacy is getting harder
- New Reddit rules will crack down on some hate communities, leave others standing
- Reddit Changes Content Rules as Steve Huffman Takes Charge - The New York Times
- Why Google Eddystone Looms as an Apple iBeacon Killer
- Meet Google’s “Eddystone”—a flexible, open source iBeacon fighter
- Facebook’s security chief calls for Adobe Flash to be killed off
- Exclusive: CEO Nadella talks Microsoft's mobile ambitions, Windows 10 strategy, HoloLens and more.
- Drones Delay Efforts to Fight North Fire in Southern California
- Drone Delivers Medicine to Rural Virginia Clinic - WSJ
- NASA - New Horizons