Apr 12th 2015
This Week in Tech 505
My Thumb Got Sweaty
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Apple Watch and new MacBook reviews, Twitter asks celebs to leave Meerkat, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
Guests: Jason SnellHosts: Leo Laporte, Steve Kovack, Jason Snell, and Ben Thompson Apple Watch pre-orders sell out, the new Apple MacBook and Samsung Galaxy S6 are released, critical security flaw in OS X 10.10.3 gets patched, Twitter is pushing for celebs to stop using Meerkat, Hillary Clinton hires Google executive to be CTO, how the Russians might have hacked the White House, Mark Pincus returns as Zynga's CEO, Lynda.com gets purchased by LinkedIn, self-driving car makes it across the country, EFF busts podcasting patent, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit twit.tv/twit/505. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:06:59 Please take the TWiT Audience Survey. It only takes a few minutes and we'd love to know what you think.
- First episodes of Game of Thrones season 5 leak online
- Almost all Apple Watch models sold out, AppleCare+ pricing revealed (update: sold out!)
- We went shopping for an Apple Watch in Tokyo, Paris, and London
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge review
- Apple's App Store review process is hurting users, but we're not allowed to talk about it.
- Apple Patches Critical Backdoor Flaw in OS X 10.10.3
- The New MacBook
- Twitter Cuts Off DataSift To Step Up Its Own Big Data Business
- Twitter Is Pushing Celebrities And Publishers To Stop Using Meerkat
- What Teen Problem? Facebook Still Dominates Among Teenagers.
- Hillary Clinton hires Google executive to be chief technology officer
- How the U.S. thinks Russians hacked the White House
- As encryption spreads, U.S. grapples with clash between privacy, security
- Fortune bulks up on technology coverage, hires 6 Gigaom veterans
- Mark Pincus, Zynga's Founder, Returns as C.E.O.
- Lynda.com: A 60-Year-Old Earns Internet Glory
- This Is Big: A Robo-Car Just Drove Across the Country
- EFF Busts Podcasting Patent, Invalidating Key Claims at Patent Office