Mar 22nd 2015
This Week in Tech 502
Call of Booty
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Free Windows 10 in the summer, major browsers hacked in Pwn2Own contest, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Hosts: Leo Laporte, Ed Bott, Jason Hiner, and Harry McCracken Windows 10 is launching this summer for free, Microsoft is developing software to convert Android Phones to Windows 10, Sling TV comes to Xbox One, Sony launches PlayStation Vue, Apple is planning a Web TV service for the fall, Facebook introduces payments to Messenger, all major browsers hacked in Pwn2Own contest, Oculus VR to host VR keynote at Facebook Developer Conference, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit twit.tv/twit/502. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:18:24 Please take the TWiT Audience Survey. It only takes a few minutes and we'd love to know what you think.
- The GNU Manifesto Turns Thirty
- Windows 10 Launching This Summer in 190 Countries and 111 Languages
- Microsoft's obsession with piracy threatens to create a Windows 10 licensing mess
- Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello
- Microsoft is killing off the Internet Explorer brand
- Microsoft Is Developing Software That Converts Android Phones To Windows 10
- Sling TV comes to Xbox One, adds History, Lifetime, and more March Madness
- Sony's PlayStation Vue Is The Closest Thing Yet To Cable TV For The Internet
- Apple Plans Web TV Service in Fall
- Discovery Channel Founder Starts Nonfiction Streaming Video Service
- Facebook Plans To Turn Messenger Into A Platform
- Facebook Introduces Free Friend-To-Friend Payments Through Messages
- Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Safari were all hacked at Pwn2Own contest
- Oculus VR Hosting VR Keynote at Facebook Developer Conference
- We are under attack
- French Government Starts Blocking Websites With Views The Gov't Doesn't Like