Jan 18th 2015
This Week in Tech 493
Adorable Kitten App
Requiring backdoors, digital arms race, Xiaomi's opportunity, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- What David Cameron just proposed would endanger every Briton and destroy the IT industry (BoingBoing)
- Obama backs call for tech backdoors (TheHill)
- Secret US cybersecurity report: encryption vital to protect private data (TheGuardian)
- New Snowden documents show scope of United States' cyber war plans
- Obama team tailors State of the Union for age of Twitter and YouTube (LA Times)
- Obama's War on Hackers (blog.erratasec.com)
- Exclusive: Facebook hiring spree hints at ambitions in virtual reality and beyond (Reuters)
- XIAOMI'S AMBITION (Stratechery.com)
- Xiaomi Mii Note Launch, January 15, 2015 (Storify)
- Google Glass sales halted but firm says kit is not dead (BBC)
- Monument Valley Team Reveals The Cost And Reward Of Making A Hit iOS Game (TechCrunch)