Nov 9th 2014
This Week in Tech 483
Amazon announces a $199 Siri-like speaker called Echo, Microsoft Office goes free for iOS and Android, Google reveals Gmail 5.0, breach fatigue leaves users vulnerable, Google Wallet usage up after Apple Pay launch, Silk Road 2.0 seized by FBI, Taylor Swift wants no part of the 'experiment' that is music streaming, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Amazon Echo Is A $199 Connected Speaker Packing An Always-On Siri-Style Assistant
- More Office. Everywhere you need it. - Office free for iOS and Android
- Apple to sapphire supplier: "Put on your big boy pants and accept the agreement"
- Google Officially Introduces Gmail 5.0, And You Can Get It Here
- Christian Bale Exits Steve Jobs Movie
- Seth Rogen to Play Apple Co-Founder Wozniak in Steve Jobs Biopic
- New Online Tool Lets Twitter Users Report Harassment
- FTC ends first case against a "patent troll" with a slap on the wrist
- Breach Fatigue Sets In With Consumers
- Google Wallet use grows after Apple Pay launch
- Feds Seize Silk Road 2 in Major Dark Web Drug Bust
- Did the government hack a CBS journalist? Maybe. [Updated]
- Taylor Swift Shuns 'Grand Experiment' of Streaming Music
- Trent Reznor discusses his new role at Apple, the Beats acquisition, and U2's free album