Oct 26th 2014
This Week in Tech 481
Good Touch, Bad Touch
Tim Cook talks user data protection with Chinese Vice Premier, CVS and Rite Aid disabling NFC in stores to block Apple Pay and Google Wallet, Apple iTunes' music sales take a dive, Roku, considers an IPO, Ello raises $5.5 million, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Mark Zuckerberg gives 30-minute public interview in Chinese at Tsinghua University
- Apple Aware of iCloud Login Harvesting in China, Launches Browser Security Guide
- Tim Cook discusses user data protection with Chinese Vice Premier Ma Kai amid iCloud hacking claims
- CVS and Rite Aid reportedly disabling NFC in stores to shut down Apple Pay and Google Wallet
- Retailers Are Disabling NFC to Block Apple Pay
- Apple iTunes Sees Big Drop in Music Sales
- Lionsgate and Tribeca film studios are launching a new streaming service
- Roku, Video Streaming Service, Is Said to Consider I.P.O.
- Exclusive: Google CEO Larry Page Reorgs Staff, Anoints Sundar Pichai as New Product Czar
- PEAK GOOGLE
- Google Vice President secretly breaks Felix Baumgartner's Stratosphere Dive Record
- Ello Raises $5.5 Million, Immediately Signs Legally-Binding Charter to Never Sell Ads or User Data
- F.C.C. Delays Auction of TV Airwaves for Mobile
- Pew survey: 40% of US internet users have experienced online harassment, 18% in severe form