Oct 12th 2014
This Week in Tech 479
I Love Saggy Pants
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Apple speculation, Beats vs Bose, lifestyle and tech, #GamerGate, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
Leo Laporte, John C. Dvorak, Patrick Norton, and Nilay Patel Speculation on Apple's October 16th iPad and Mac event, sapphire crystal supplier GT Advanced files for bankruptcy, NFL's deal with Bose causes friction with Beats by Dre, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella gives awful career advice to women, Facebook's WhatsApp acquisition now costs $22 billion, how social media turned against women with GamerGate, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit twit.tv/twit/479. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:03:50
- ‘It's been way too long': Apple sends out invites for Thursday, October 16th iPad & Mac event
- iPad Air 2: Huge leak reveals everything there is to know about Apple's next tablet - Yahoo News
- Apple TV Continues To Evolve As A Smart Home Hub - Forbes
- Apple sapphire crystal supplier GT Advanced files for bankruptcy - 9to5Mac
- NFL's Deal with Bose Prohibits Players from Wearing Beats by Dre Headphones - Bleacher Report
- Microsoft's Android Wear keyboard lets you draw letters on your smartwatch
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella to Women: Don't Ask For A Raise, Trust Karma
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella on Women Pay Gaffe: "I Answered That Question Completely Wrong."
- Biggest patent win ever? Microsoft's billion dollar a year Samsung deal - ZDNet
- Ouch: Samsung warns of 60% profit drop as sales slow - Gigaom
- Facebook's WhatsApp acquisition now has price tag of $22 billion - Reuters
- Government Set Up A Fake Facebook Page In This Woman's Name
- Another Woman In Gaming Flees Home Following Death Threats
- The Unsafety Net: How Social Media Turned Against Women - The Atlantic