Oct 5th 2014
This Week in Tech 478
I'm an Insider
Microsoft reveals Windows 10, reflecting on third anniversary of Steve Jobs' death, Tony Hsieh steps down from Downtown Project after laying off 30 employees, why Apple can't decrypt your iPhone, UK just legalized CD ripping, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
Free Squarespace Giveaway for TWIT Network Audience Members
See official sweepstakes rules at http://inside.twit.tv/contests.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Windows 10: A step back for the interface but a leap forward in strategy
- Windows 10 addresses switching between touch and non-touch environments with Continuum
- Microsoft's Windows 10: More on the ‘under the covers' security, Store features
- Rumors suggest the reason Microsoft skipped over "Windows 9" is because of Windows 95 - Neowin
- Tim Cook emails employees to reflect on third anniversary of Steve Jobs' death
- The Downtown Project Suicides: Can the Pursuit of Happiness Kill You?
- Gates talks Apple Pay, Bitcoin, Nadella and how Office needs to be dramatically better
- Prof. Matthew Green: Why can't Apple decrypt your iPhone?
- A technical analysis of the barriers preventing Apple from decrypting iPhones
- UK Legalizes CD Ripping and Cloud Backups Today