Aug 17th 2014
This Week in Tech 471
It is Brisk
Apple's style and their secretive internal training program, podcasting's anniversary, OnePlus' 'Ladies First' contest, Moto 360's feature set, Facebook to flag satirical articles, Twitter elitism, a hamburger-making robot, Samsung buys SmartThings for $200M, the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, and more.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
Running time: 2:07:55
- Simplifying the Bull: How Picasso Helps to Teach Apple's Style
- Apple's secretive internal training program praises Picasso, has full-time faculty
- Apple - Press Info - Apple Leadership
- Facebook: 1.2M unique ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos posted, and 15M people discussed it
- OnePlus launches, then deletes 'Ladies First' promo contest
- 10 years of podcasting: Code, comedy, and patent lawsuits
- Moto 360 Shows Up at Best Buy for $249, Outs List of Features
- Facebook to flag satirical articles to stop users falling for the Onion's jokes
- I Liked Everything I Saw on Facebook for Two Days. Here's What It Did to Me
- The IBM PC: Was it really only 33 years ago?
- Robot that makes burgers in 10 seconds poised to disrupt fast food industry
- Man who invented pop-up ads:
- The Internet's Original Sin
- Internet of Bling: Samsung Buys SmartThings for $200 Million
- Model S drivetrain warranty increased to infinite miles, applies retroactively