Aug 10th 2014
This Week in Tech 470
Tainted Love on a Floppy
Facebook Messenger controversy, USB security problems with BadUSB, Apple to announce a wrist wearable in September, why fiction readers are the best people, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit twit.tv/twit/470.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Facebook Messenger Privacy Fears? Here's What You Need to Know
- We tested Secret's anti-bullying system... and it failed
- Black Phone - A secure smartphone for everything you do
- Wikimedia Wants You to Remember the Links Europe Wants You to Forget
- Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: HTTPS as a ranking signal
- BadUSB: Big, bad USB security problems ahead
- Turning USB peripherals into BadUSB
- Apple will announce a wrist wearable in September
- Macintel: The End Is Nigh
- Microsoft tip ends in arrest of alleged child porn hustler
- How Google scans your Gmail for child porn
- Windows 9 - Goodbye Charms
- Microsoft's new ‘Snipp3t' iPhone app tracks celebrities
- Hotel fines $500 for every bad review posted online
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With
- Amazon responds to "Authors United" with letter encouraging authors to email Hachette's CEO