Jun 15th 2014
This Week in Tech 462
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Houston hotspots, Tesla patent sharing, Internet necessity, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Guests: John C. DvorakHosts: Leo Laporte, John C. Dvorak, Jolie O'Dell, and Dwight Silverman Comcast turns Houston home routers into public hotspots, Tesla is allowing other people to use its patents in hopes to establish the company's technology as the industry standard, Netflix and Verizon feud over internet congestion, AT&T says they need to buy DirecTV because U-verse TV is a failure, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 1:26:47
- Comcast turns Houston home routers into 150,000 public hotspots
- Comcast plans to turn 50,000 home routers into public Wi-Fi hotspots without their users providing consent.
- Tesla’s Radical Patent Move is a Plot to Take Over the Road
- Google and Skybox Imaging Sign Acquisition Agreement
- Netflix: Verizon decided to ‘leave three lanes closed during rush hour’
- Judge Orders DOJ To Hand Over FISA Court's Justification For Bulk Data Collection On Americans In FOIA Lawsuit
- AT&T: We need to buy DirecTV because U-verse TV is a failure