Jun 1st 2014
This Week in Tech 460
Drones Delivering Diapers
Google rolls out a self-driving car, Apple is said to be prepping a smart home software platform at WWDC, NSA is harvesting millions of web images for facial recognition, TrueCrypt closes doors in odd circumstances, Microsoft maybe working on a smartwatch, Amazon's war with Hachette, Comcast CEO has an explanation for why everyone hates his company, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Google rolls out a self-driving car with no steering wheel
- Google made a self-driving car, and it doesn't have a steering wheel
- Google to announce gaming-centric Android TV at Google I/O in June
- Google, the EU and the right to be forgotten
- Introducing the iWatch
- WWDC 2014 Roundup: Enhanced iOS 8, redesigned OS X 10.10, new hardware (plus fresh details)
- Apple talking to retailers about a mobile payment system
- Apple buys Beats
- Apple Said To Be Prepping Smart Home Software Platform For WWDC Reveal
- NSA harvesting millions of web images for facial recognition
- Weird TrueCrypt termination
- TrueCrypt Final Release Repository
- Microsoft is working on a smartwatch?
- Real-time Skype translator demonstrated
- Amazon’s war with Hachette
- Comcast CEO has a ridiculous explanation for why everyone hates his company
- Comcast CEO Brian Roberts says content sources should pay Comcast to deliver content