Apr 27th 2014
This Week in Tech 455
Bagel Shop Loafer
Proposed FCC rules, appification, belfies, kids' screen time, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- The FCC changed course on network neutrality. Here is why you should care.
- The Myth of Digital Democracy
- The FCC is about to axe-murder net neutrality. Don't get mad – get even
- Net Neutrality: A Guide to (and History of) a Contested Idea
- Landfill excavation unearths years of crushed Atari treasure [Updated]
- Report: Google to end forced G+ integration, drastically cut division resources
- Why the social networks are falling apart
- codebabes.com - We're hot, but learning to code is even hotter!
- Keyboard Pants
- Nest Thermostat now available from Google Play
- Apple reports $45.6 billion revenue for Q2 2014: 43.7m iPhones, 16.3m iPads, 4.1m Macs, 2.7m iPods
- Here's How Much Money Big Tech Companies Make In Just One Second
- Facebook Beats In Q1 With $2.5B In Revenue, 59% Of Ad Revenue From Mobile, 1.28B Users
- Amazon reports $19.7B in quarterly revenue, earnings in line with expectations at 23 cents a share
- Amazon to pay HBO more than $300M over three years in streaming deal
- Amazon said to be testing its own shipping network
- Netflix to Launch on Three U.S. Cable Operators via TiVo
- Twitter Starts Rolling Out The New Profile Look — Here’s How To Get It Now