Apr 20th 2014
This Week in Tech 454
Kansas City, Oklahoma
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Wearable market, working Coachella, maglev for all, real fake blood, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Guests: Alex LindsayHosts: Leo Laporte, Jill Duffy, Alex Lindsay, and Dan Patterson Wearable market, working Coachella, maglev for all, real fake blood, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:21:29
- Nike Denies FuelBand Shutdown, but Layoffs Could Reveal New Cracks in Wearables Market
- Exclusive: Nike fires majority of FuelBand team, will stop making wearable hardware
- Google Online Security Blog: Google Services Updated to Address OpenSSL CVE-2014-0160 (the Heartbleed bug)
- Google unveils email scanning practices in new terms of service
- Space Quest: Google Needs More Offices in New York City
- Pioneer Brings Apple CarPlay to Existing In-Dash Receivers
- Marissa Mayer's Secret Plan to Get Apple to Dump Google and Default to Yahoo Mobile Search
- Cord Cutting on The Rise, Especially Among the Young
- Our Final Invention: Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era
- LaCie admits to year-long credit card breach
- Neil Young’s music-player Kickstarter closes at $6.2 million
- The Japanese rail operator JR Tokai said it would not charge the US to license its proprietary
- Artificial blood 'will be manufactured in factories'