Feb 23rd 2014
This Week in Tech 446
Go to Fail
Netflix to pay Comcast, Samsung Gear 2, Project Tango, router malware, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Facebook Buying WhatsApp for $19 Billion: Yup, It’s a Deal of Historic Proportions
- WhatsApp, a modern American success story
- Exclusive: The Rags-To-Riches Tale Of How Jan Koum Built WhatsApp Into Facebook's New $19 Billion Baby
- Netflix to Pay Comcast for Smoother Streaming
- Netflix and Comcast Solve Their Web Traffic Problem With a Long-Term Deal
- Comcast’s Web of Lobbying and Philanthropy
- Samsung Gear 2 smartwatches coming in April with Tizen OS and better battery life
- Huawei's first smartband has a pop-out earpiece for voice calls (video)
- Samsung’s New Galaxy Said to Feature Bigger, Sharper Display
- Project Tango
- Here’s An Actual 3D Indoor Map Of A Room Captured With Google’s Project Tango Phone
- Google Fiber chooses nine metro areas for possible expansion
- Windows 8 designer: Why Microsoft forced Metro on us all