Feb 2nd 2014
This Week in Tech 443
Selfie in the City
Motorola sale, Google's plans, Yahoo's secret search, Facebook's Paper, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Lenovo to acquire Motorola Mobility
- Court: Google infringed patents, must pay 1.36 percent of AdWords revenue
- Google Just Bet $500 Million That AI Can Fix Search | Motherboard
- With “Fast Break” and “Curveball,” Mayer Is Aiming to Bring Back Search Tech to Yahoo
- Facebook Officially A Mobile Ad Firm With 53% Of Ad Revenue Now Coming From Its 945M Mobile Users
- Facebook posts record quarterly results and reports $1.5bn profit for 2013
- Facebook heard you like newspapers, so it decided to make a newspaper app out of your Facebook
- NYTimes: Apple Executives Met With F.D.A. to Discuss Mobile Medical Applications
- Apple aggressively pushing to take Arizona sapphire plant live in February for ‘critical’ product component
- NFL deploys iBeacons at MetLife Stadium and Times Square to send ads and alerts to fans for Super Bowl
- ABC orders TV pilot for ‘Selfie,’ its latest attempt to turn a social media trend into a comedy
- Report: Huge Microsoft shakeup coming. Gates might give up chairmanship, Nadella in as CEO — Tech News and Analysis
- Microsoft Said to Be Preparing to Make Satya Nadella CEO
- On BlackBerry 10′s 1st anniversary, BlackBerry's U.S. market share hits 0%