Mar 5th 2006
This Week in Tech 44
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Live from the Apple Store, it's TWiT 44.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
- Was it the press or Apple that overhyped this week's announcements?
- Macs can connect with XBox 360 consoles using Connect360
- Want to judge a stereo - don't crank it up (and don't listen to TWiT on it)
- Was Woz misquoted? Read the original article, Steve's rebuttal, and the response with transcript and you be the judge
- Have you seen the Origami "ad" on YouTube? Is it a hoax?
- It's certainly more than the cryptic Origami Project site reveals
- Here's one way to get out of a cell phone contract
- Vista will come in six slick flavors - with online upgrades
- The Pope has a nano
- RIM settles with NTP and saves the Blackberry
- Cosby is going after Waxy Links
- And the FCC is going after the call spoofing sites
- Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon has introduced a Senate bill to prevent a two tiered Internet
- Is AOL's plan for email certification the end of free email or just a way to help legitimate mass emailers? Discuss.
- HDCP will leave around 3 million HDTV owners in the lurch when HiDef DVD players become available
- Dan Sokol says there's a $300 device that will by-pass HDCP, but the movie companies are fighting back
- The US Justice Department is investigating collusion in online music pricing