Dec 15th 2013
This Week in Tech 436
We're Going to Need a Bigger Dial
Google robots, Bezos' genius, Ballmer's tenure, the trivialization of culture, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
- Google acquires Boston Dynamics, maker of BigDog, Petman, and other research robots
- Google barge on ‘hiatus’ amid scrutiny from two agencies
- Amazon drones are 'fantasy,' says eBay CEO
- AmazonFresh Launches In San Francisco
- Amazon said to launch Pantry to take on Costco, Sam's
- Why Nokia Is Building an Android Phone and Why Microsoft Might Not Kill It
- Freakishly realistic telemarketing robots are denying they're robots
- Instagram announces Instagram Direct for private photo, video, and text messaging
- Blocking People On Twitter Now Just Mutes Them (Update: Psych!)
- Yahoo CEO Mayer Apologizes For Mail Outage That She Says Affected 1% Of Users
- AT&T chief: We can't keep doing big subsidies on phones
- AT&T's gigabit service is $70 if you let it spy on your searches
- Norway is digitizing all its books and making them free to read online
- Ford Unveils Its First Autonomous Vehicle Prototype