Sep 15th 2013
This Week in Tech 423
Hosted by Leo Laporte
New iPhones, NFC vs. iBeacons, meaning of 64 bit, the next Dell, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Guests: John C. DvorakHosts: Leo Laporte, Peter Cohen, John C. Dvorak, and Robert Scoble New iPhones, NFC vs. iBeacons, meaning of 64 bit, the next Dell, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:09:41
- iPhone 5c: improved front camera, slightly larger battery, in five colored plastic backs, from $99
- iPhone 5s: 64-bit A7 processor, fingerprint authentication, improved camera, gold/silver/gray, from $199
- Apple details new iPhone camera: slow-motion video, burst shooting, 15 percent larger active sensor area
- Twitter Is Going Public, Files S-1 With SEC
- Twitter Co-Founder Evan Williams Lays Out His Plan For The Future Of Media
- Apple's Fingerprint ID May Mean You Can't 'Take the Fifth'
- iOS 7's iBeacons could solve indoor mapping, make shopping better, and kill NFC
- Google knows nearly every Wi-Fi password in the world | Computerworld Blogs
- What’s the point of a 64-bit iPhone 5S? Look to the iPad and Mac
- Pax Dickinson is the tech industry’s woman problem
- Why there are so many Assholes on the Internet
- Dell deal done: Shareholders approve plan to take company private
- Dell Said to Have Enough Votes for $24.9 Billion Buyout
- Intel CEO announces 14-nanometer processors, predicts sub-$100 tablets
- Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data and the Future of Privacy