Sep 1st 2013
This Week in Tech 421
The Self-Driving Cat
Wearable tech, Yahoo's used usernames, iPhone surprise, self-driving future, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
- Samsung Exec confirms Note III and Galaxy Gear launch for September 4th (next week!)
- Google Exec Departs Amidst Rumors Of Tangled Love Quadrangle
- A new Android chapter - After nearly 5½ years at Google
- New faces of Android: the inside story of Google's management shuffle
- Ballmer Departure From Microsoft Was More Sudden Than Portrayed by the Company
- Can Rupert Murdoch hold on to Kara Swisher?
- Yahoo brings fresh redesigns - and native ads - to its biggest websites
- Yahoo Releases Recycled Usernames To Those Who Sent In Requests, Lets You Stalk Your Own For $1.99
- Twitter rolling out new conversations UI for Web, iPhone and Android
- Facebook forced to clarify how it's using your data for ads
- Apple TV updated with Vevo, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Weather Channel, Smithsonian apps
- Apple begins training support staff on iOS 7 & iTunes Radio, preparing for customer surprise
- Apple's iPhone trade-in program to add consumer choice
- Apple is the company most targeted by patent trolls
- Tales of an Ex–Microsoft Manager: Ballmer’s beloved employee-ranking system made me secretive, cynical, and paranoid
- A decade later, Tesla now officially a threat to the auto industry
- Nissan announces plan to sell self-driving cars by 2020
- Tesla's Elon Musk goes 'Iron Man' with in-thin-air, gestural design process