Jan 8th 2006
This Week in Tech 37
Hosted by Leo Laporte
TWiT 37 is on the air.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
- John covered CES without ever leaving home.
- Kevin and David taped Diggnation there.
- Patrick and Robert did three episodes of DL.TV
- Watch for the In Digital CES special with Andrew Hawn, Hahn Choi, and other former TechTV Lab Rats, January 10 at Revision3.com
- The best reason to go to CES is to get the press bag
- But we looked in vain for a player that can play both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD
- Even the CES keynotes were a snooze
- Watch the Vista/OS X video here
- Patrick likes Sony's new Reader
- Kevin has ordered a Treo 700w
- Asus's Lamborghini notebook vs Acer's Ferrari
- The amazing Optimus keyboard - is it for real?
- Dvorak is baffled by the Kodak with two lenses
- Read John's coverage of the Atom Computer from last September. Visit them at Atomchip.com.
- Do you believe Apple is going to announce plasma TVs powered by OS X?
- We're intrigued by Google's announced video store, but underwhelmed by the Google Pack
- Leo agrees with Jason Calacanis's blog observation that Google is really in the AdSense business not the search business
- To Patrick's dismay, Windows Media Player 11 will not support RSS out of the box
- DiVX and Google partner up
- CES Parties we weren't invited to: Foo Fighters for Motorola, Black Crows for AMD, Stevie Wonder for Monster Cable, and The Who for Samsung.