Apr 15th 2012
This Week in Tech 349
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Instant billion, Skyping the Pope, one Sony, eBook collusion, breast recognition tech, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
Hosts: Leo Laporte, John C. Dvorak, Jolie O'Dell, Trey Ratcliff, and Robert Bellecer. Instant billion, Skyping the Pope, one Sony, eBook collusion, breast recognition tech, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Links to stories we covered (and then some) are available from Delicious or in our Friendfeed Room. Audio bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by the new Winamp for Android... featuring wireless sync and one-click iTunes import. Now with FREE daily music downloads and full length CD listening parties. Download it for free at Winamp.com/Android.
- -Facebook-Instagram deal took Zuckerberg two days
- -Facebook now lets you download more of your data
- -The e-book wars: Who is less evil, Amazon or book publishers?
- -Apple: we broke "Amazon's monopolistic grip" on e-book industry
- -Google Q1 Earnings: “Velocity, Execution and Focus”
- -Google finally splits its stock
- -Nokia Confirms Lumia 900 Software Glitch, Offers Fix and $100 Credit
- -Steve Jobs movie starring Ashton Kutcher
- -Inside Foxconn: Exclusive look at how an iPad is made
- -Sony to reduce workforce by 10,000
- -Caine's arcade!