Jan 22nd 2012
This Week in Tech 337
The Dodd Father
Hosted by Leo Laporte
iBook restrictions, TV shelf life, CES over-coverage, Megaupload take down, the invisible web, Kodak Chapter 11, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Hosts: Leo Laporte, Cali Lewis, Ed Bott, Mike Elgan, and Patrick Norton iBook restrictions, TV shelf life, CES over-coverage, Megaupload take down, the invisible web, Kodak Chapter 11, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Links to stories we covered (and then some) are available from Delicious or in our Friendfeed Room. Audio bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by the new Winamp for Android... featuring wireless sync and one-click iTunes import. Now with FREE daily music downloads and full length CD listening parties. Download it for free at Winamp.com/Android.
- Stunned By SOPA Backlash, Senate Leader Cancels PIPA Vote
- Leaders In House And Senate Postpone Piracy Laws
- MPAA Directly & Publicly Threatens Politicians
- Why the feds smashed Megaupload
- MegaUpload owner found hiding in safe room with sawed-off shotgun
- Apple launches iBooks 2 digital textbooks
- Jerry Yang Leaves Yahoo
- Google cancels Picnik and closes a few other businesses
- Facebook in talks to replace YouTube as Vevo's host
- Kodak files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy