Nov 20th 2011
This Week in Tech 328
Donkeys Get Lonely
Hosted by Leo Laporte
SOPA, cameras everywhere, Google music, heavy Fire, Twilight tech, Netflix development, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Hosts: Leo Laporte, Kevin Rose, Kara Swisher, Rafe Needleman and Mike Elgan SOPA, cameras everywhere, Google music, heavy Fire, Twilight tech, Netflix development, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Links to stories we covered (and then some) are available from Delicious or in our Friendfeed Room. Transcript posted 24 hours after show release by PodsInPrint. Audio bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by the new Winamp for Android... featuring wireless sync and one-click iTunes import. Now with FREE daily music downloads and full length CD listening parties. Download it for free at Winamp.com/Android.
- - SOPA's latest threat: IP blocking, privacy-busting packet inspection
- - Tumblr users fight SOPA with 87,834 calls to Congress
- - Google Music is open for business
- - 200+ Labels Withdraw Their Music From Spotify: Are Its Fortunes Unravelling?
- - Amazon Kindle Fire shipments upped to 6 million in quarter
- - Disney CEO Iger joins Apple board; Levinson named chairman
- - Most Likely iPad Buyer Is a Male, Pet-Owning Gamer (Who May Be a Scientist)
- - Rafe's solution to check-in fatigue: Check out