May 31st 2009
This Week in Tech 197
Steal This Diploma
Newspaper collusion, real-time Web, Bing, Google Wave, transforming education, and more.
- Bar Camp San Diego
- Norbert Wiener and Cybernetics
- Collusion Course: Does today's hush-hush meeting of newspaper executives violate antitrust law?
- Clay Shirky: Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkabler
- Geffen Made Offer to Buy Stake in New York Times
- Rahaf Harfoush
- Huff Post Hires 'Wash Post' Editor to Head New Investigations Unit
- Bing, Microsoft's new "decision engine"
- Google Wave
- Rafe Needleman: Microsoft Bing: Much better than expected
- Aussie devs make Wave with Google Web Toolkit
- Why We Are Cautious About Google's Wave
- Vic Gundotra
- Kevin Marks of Google OpenSocial
- Unfollow Diddy
- Spy Vs. Spy: The Spymaster Backlash Begins And Twitter Needs To Fix It
Story links at http://delicious.com/twit/197. Suggest stories for next week's show by tagging links "for:twit".
Audible picks of the week: Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything Unabridged, By Don Tapscott, Narrated by Anthony D. Williams, and
What Would Google Do? Unabridged, By Jeff Jarvis, Narrated by Jeff Jarvis. To get two free audiobooks, visit Audible.com/twit2.