May 5th 2008
This Week in Tech 141
Grand Theft Yahoo
Microsoft withdraws Yahoo bid, Grand Theft Auto IV, First live TWiT in new studio, and more.
- Microsoft finally decides to back out of Yahoo deal.
- What does this mean for Ballmer?
- Expect a TWiT battle of Internet superegos at next year's MacWorld?
- Maker Faire held this weekend.
- Following TWiT Live on Twitter.
- First live TWiT on TWiTLive.tv. Leo, Wil and Jason live on Stickam video
- Will Laporte beat Obama before Rose beats Laporte on Twitter?
- Comcast burst vs. Verizon FiOS.
- Yahoo's scorched earth plan won out, but stocks should tank. Lawsuits expected.
- Calacanis: Google, VC and startups are winners, Yahoo shareholders are losers.
- Yahoo was asking for $37/share, MSFT top offer was $33.
- Yahoo couldn't take real poison pill, so it took other countermeasures.
- Would Gates have trashed Yahoo like that Simpsons episode?
- Anti-trust issues: Are people suffering for free email choice?
- Watch out for spreadsheet monkeys.
- One thing's for sure: Balmer likes developers.
- Average Web page triples in size since 2003, from 93.7K to over 312K. BTW, why does AOL.com look so much like Yahoo.com?
- Photoshop guru leaves Adobe for Microsoft
- Despite Sony's format victory, Blu-ray sales still down.
- Grand Theft Auto IV finally hits the streets
Show notes by David Di Franco.
Links to all our stories are on del.icio.us.