Jun 27th 2005
This Week in Tech 11
Episode 11 is Up
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Episode 11 is here - in all its raw and barely edited glory. Enjoy!
Records live every Sunday at 5:15pm Eastern / 2:15pm Pacific / 21:15 UTC.
Guests: Patrick Norton, Robert Heron, David Prager, Roger Chang, Jessica Corbin, Chris Pirillo, Andy Walker
- Jessica Corbin checks in and talks about her Fempire and upcoming TV show on WE: Wing Woman and gives Roger some dating tips
- We get our first Pypal chargeback for "non-delivery of merchandise"
- Nvidia ships the new 7800GTX video card for $600
- Jack Kilby, inventer of the integrated circuit, passes away
- Sunnyvale get its traffic lights hacked
- When did passwords enter our lives? And how many passwords do you have?
- 13-year-old girl studies Playstation thumb
- Gettin' Lasik
- Girls make passes at boys who wear glasses
- Well, except Martin Sargent
- Chris "Rent My Chest" Pirillo now has a big blue e on his chest
- And gives us a Gnomedex wrap-up
- Microsoft's big RSS announcement
- Winer vs. Curry slug fest turns into love match
- Who wrote Dave Winer out of Wikipedia's podcast entry?
- RSS but not Atom?
- Steve Rubel is not Steve Rubell
- Pirillo removes most of the ads from his blog
- The Chris Pirillo Show is the first live podcast
- How'd he do dat?
- Samsung says flash drives will replace hard drives in the next few years
- But don't expect huge power savings
- How about Tritium batteries or fuel cells
- Leo's leaving for the Geek Cruise Tuesday, Patrick is the TWiT of the house for the next two shows
- Get your Leo World Tour merchandise now
- Cruise ship automation and fire control
- Slot machine hygeine
- Call for Help's Andy Walker stops by to talk about spit storms
- The new Canadian copyright act, C-60, is on, implementing a DMCA like law in the Great White North
- Crossing the border with Patrick
- UltraWideBand and the John C. Dvorak soundboard
- ExtremeTech has extensive coverage of UWB