23 years ago, Mars scientist Pascal Lee started building his Haughton-Mars Project outpost on Devon Island in the high Arctic to research Mars exploration and mobility systems. Working with NASA and the SETI Intsitute, he's been at it ever since, and in August, was joined by Rod on his first visit to the base since 2019. It was a dry, cold, and dusty time... and as much fun as a team of scientists should be allowed to have.
Image credit: NASA/Mars Institute/Haughton-Mars Project
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-space.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Model of the Universe in Minecraft
- What's going on with Elon Musk, SpaceX's Starlink and Ukraine? Here's what we know.
- SpaceX technician in coma after rocket test accident: report
- Where to see the Orionids meteor shower!
- Orionid Meteor Shower 2022 Peaks Tonight: How to See It
- A month on 'Mars': Preparing to visit the Red Planet ... on Earth
- Haughton-Mars Project