Feb 15th 2023
This Week in Google 703
Hosted by Leo Laporte, Stacey Higginbotham, Ant Pruitt
writeGPT, Privacy Sandbox, Musk's Twitter firing, Radio Garden
Records live every Wednesday at 5:00pm Eastern / 2:00pm Pacific / 21:00 UTC.
Guests: Mike Elgan
- Elon Musk’s reach on Twitter is dropping — he just fired a top engineer over it.
- Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first.
- Google's AI chatbot, Bard, sparks a $100 billion loss in Alphabet shares.
- Eight Research Papers That Set Off the AI Boom.
- What Is ChatGPT Doing … and Why Does It Work?
- How, why and when generative AI will kill the search engine.
- writeGPT - OpenAI's GPT prompt assistant.
- From Bing to Sydney – Stratechery by Ben Thompson.
- This artist is dominating AI-generated art. And he’s not happy about it.
- Google Launches Privacy Sandbox for Android Beta Test.
- Google Drive adding stylus and finger PDF annotation on Android.
- YouTube TV subscribers will get a discount on NFL Sunday Ticket, access launches September 10.
- Google Fiber rolling out $125/month 5 Gig service in 4 cities.
- Stacey - Radio Garden.
- Mike - Wikenigma.
- Mike - StealthGPT.
- Ant - Centralized vs Decentralized on FLOSS Weekly.
- Ant - Tiktok Since Mr. Jarvis is Off This Week.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit