Nov 30th 2022
This Week in Google 692
Hosted by Leo Laporte, Jeff Jarvis, Ant Pruitt
Is TikTok a threat, Twitter's Chinese porn spam, 2024 election disinformation
Records live every Wednesday at 5:00pm Eastern / 2:00pm Pacific / 21:00 UTC.
Guests: Alex Stamos
- Introducing Alex Stamos.
- Twitter grapples with Chinese spam obscuring news of protests.
- How did Alex get into security?
- Alex's Joe Sullivan story.
- How COVID impacted teens and social interaction.
- The mechanics of Apple's CSAM scanning.
- How do we integrate security into basic education curriculum?
- How does Alex feel about the Fediverse?
- Advice for hosts of Mastodon instances.
- How is Google doing security-wise and for its users?
- What does Alex hear about Facebook these days?
- Will there be trouble on Twitter in the 2024 election?
- Who is responsible for keeping people protected from disinformation?
- Should TikTok be shut down?
- South Dakota bans TikTok from government-owned devices.
- Stanford Internet Observatory.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit