- Google IO dates are announced.
- Features for Android Q include a new face-detection API.
- Google makes a big hire that is all about bringing Fuchsia to market.
- Gmail for Android gets a redesign but it still isn't Inbox.
- What happens when you cut every piece of Google out of your life?
- Apple took a number of internal Facebook apps offline.
- Google's Sidewalk Labs will turn cities into actual Sim cities.
- Charges against Huawei could have major implications for trade.
- Xiaomi's foldable display video is interesting, but its not the future.
Picks of the Week:
- Jason's tip: Use a non-Pixel phone for Chromebook Instant Tethering.
- Jeff's number: Members of congress have two Twitter accounts.
- Mike's tool: Newsguard can sniff out fake news sites for you.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
- Google's next I/O conference begins May 7th
- Google is working on a Face ID-like feature for Android Q
- Android Q May Block Background Clipboard Reads, Better Protect Your Media Files, Support Downgrading Apps, and more
- Exclusive: Early Android Q build has a System-wide Dark Theme, Permission Revamp, hints at a “Desktop Mode,” and more
- Gmail for Android and iOS gets Google’s Material Theme
- I Cut Google Out Of My Life. It Screwed Up Everything
- Apple blocks Facebook from running its internal iOS apps
- Bare feet in the cafeteria sparks battle
- Huawei and China, Facing U.S. Charges, Have Few Ways to Retaliate
- Xiaomi's double-bending, foldable phone just stole Samsung's thunder