Montana and Burger King want to save Net Neutrality. AT&T seems to want to as well. Google I/O puzzle reveals the 2018 conference date. Google Play sells audiobooks. YouTube won't let stars say bad things about Google. Facebook sends out a news survey and invents a new unit of time. First Amazon Go shop opens. Twitter loses another exec. Don't call the Vine replacement "Vine 2." Indian good morning greetings are eating the internet. ICOs explained.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Why I left Google to join Grab – Steve Yegge – Medium
- Alphabet launches new cybersecurity company, Chronicle, out of its X moonshot factory
- Google I/O 2018 starts on May 8th in Mountain View - The Verge
- President Donald Trump has signed the FISA reauthorization bill
- Montana becomes first state to implement net neutrality after FCC repeal
- AT&T wants Congress to draft a net neutrality law. Here’s why that’s a big deal. - The Washington Post
- Records show Apple, Amazon, Facebook, and Google spent ~$50M on lobbying US politicians in 2017; Google topped the list, spendin
- Amazon Go debuts, and its prying cameras foil our shoplifting attempts
- Burger King made a surprisingly good ad about net neutrality
- What It's Like to Be the Parent of a Social-Media Star - The Atlantic
- Here’s how Vine replacement v2 will work | TechCrunch
- Android 8.1 can now display Wi-Fi speeds before connecting | TechCrunch
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai says he does not regret firing James Damore
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai compares impact of AI to electricity and fire
- Waymo’s self-driving minivans are coming to Atlanta
- YouTube is asking its promoted artists not to insult the company
- Facebook's Bad Idea: Crowdsourced Ratings Work For Toasters, But Not News
- This Is Facebook's News Survey
- Rupert Murdoch says maybe Facebook should pay publishers for posting.
- Mark Zuckerberg is ‘rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic,’ author Andrew Keen says
- Facebook invents new unit of time – flicks – slightly larger than a nanosecond
- Amazon narrows HQ2 search to 20 cities from 238 proposals, 19 in the US and Toronto in Canada, and says it expects to make a dec
- Twitter COO predicts streaming devices like Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast will go extinct in 5 years
- Twitter loses key exec Anthony Noto at a challenging moment - CNET
- Buying headphones in 2018 is going to be a fragmented mess - The Verge
- Stripe is ending support for bitcoin payments on April 23 | TechCrunch
- Everyone's betting on blockchain because we need technology that can scale
- Netflix Voice Match for Google Home
- The Internet Is Filling Up Because Indians Are Sending Millions of ‘Good Morning!’ Texts - WSJ
- It looks like the Google Play store will soon sell audiobooks