Facebook's facial recognition software will alert you when someone posts a picture of you, even without being tagged. Snooze your friends. How to use meme wars to run for President. Google Maps has a 6 year lead on the competition. Google AI finds two new planets. Google kills Tango. Twitter hate crackdown. Republican "Net Neutrality" bill. Magic Leap reveals its AR headset. Amazon Echo Spot unboxing.
- Joan Donovan's Pick: Exploding the Phone
- Jeff's Number: Elon Musk Tweets His Phone Number
- Stacey's Thing: Wink+Sonos
- Leo's Tool: Amazon Echo Spot
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Hard Questions: Is Spending Time on Social Media Bad for Us? | Facebook Newsroom
- Facebook's new Snooze button can mute annoying friends for 30 days
- Facebook will use facial recognition to tell you when people upload your picture
- Google Maps's Moat
- Autsch! Germany slaps Facebook in its abusive little face for 'limitlessly amassing data'
- Google applies machine learning to planet hunting and discovers two new exoplanets
- Google releases ARCore Developer Preview 2 and says it is ending support for Project Tango
- Exploding the Phone
- Twitter’s promised clampdown on hate and abuse begins today (Monday, 12/18)
- Twitter suspends British politician retweeted by Trump
- Internal Emails Show Twitter Struggled To Interpret Its Own Verification Rules While Hunting Trolls
- Bloomberg’s TicToc 24/7 news channel launches as Twitter doubles down on live video
- Amazon's Echo Spot is now on sale and already sold out
- GOP net neutrality bill would allow paid fast lanes and preempt state laws
- Amazon to start selling Apple TV, Google Chromecast
- Magic Leap Finally Reveals Its AR Headset, Magic Leap One
- Elon Musk revealed his cell number; here's what happens when you call it
- UK government to make high-speed broadband a legal right by 2020
- Wink + Sonos
- Amazon Echo Show