RIP Net Neutrality. Patreon listens to critics, scraps new fees. How to fix media. Facebook is unfixable. Google Home Max unboxing. "Appsperiments" is our new favorite word. Tweetstorms are officially Threads. Don't download that baby poop video.
- Stacey's Pick: Alexa, Turn on Christmas
- Jeff's Pick: Tasty One Top
- Leo's Pick: Silicon Valley's Worst Apologies of 2017
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Don't rely on us to protect the open internet, warns FTC Commissioner
- Jarvis on MSNBC on the topic
- Berners-Lee, Woz, Cerf: cancel flawed net neutrality vote
- Related: Schneiderman identifies 2 million fake/stolen accounts (thread)
- Related: Look up your name here
- Patreon scraps new service fee and apologizes to users
- Jonah Peretti's state of BuzzFeed address
- Google Home Max is available to buy now for $399
- Google launches three new photography apps for testing experimental technology
- Google Pixel 2’s AR Stickers launch today w/ ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Stranger Things’ content
- Googlers and Google.org donated $260 million to nonprofits in 2017
- Google Maps will wake you up when you need to get off the bus
- Adobe shuts down Storify
- Twitter announces official support for tweetstorms with new ‘Threads’ feature
- Twitter 'baby poop' video launches spam
- Amazon’s Alexa gets a visit from Santa Claus in latest update
- Staceys Thing: Alexa, Turn on Christmas
- The Tasty One Top