Windows on ARM is born. Net Neutrality has one week to live. Chrome Apps are dead. Google Home Minis are dying. Google Home Max might go live on December 14th. Google pulls YouTube from Echo devices.
- Stacey's Picks: My Tesla Alexa Skill, Harry Potter IR Wand
- Aaron's Project: Holiday Cheer Box
- Leo's Number: Digital ad spending beat TV in 2017
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Microsoft launches ARM-powered Windows 10 PCs with ‘all-day’ battery life
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 doubles down on cameras and AI
- The Reason Ajit Pai's Keynote at Verizon in D.C. Today Is Secret
- FCC chairman Ajit Pai won't delay next week's net neutrality vote
- Pew Finds Millions of Issues With Net-Neutrality Comments.
- Use This Tool to See If Your Name Was Used to Support Net Neutrality Repeal
- Battle for the Net
- FCC Chairman Ajit Pai blasted everyone from Twitter to Cher for opposing his efforts to repeal net neutrality rules - Recode
- Chrome Apps are dead, as Google shuts down the Chrome Web Store section
- Google Blocks YouTube Access from Amazon's Streaming Devices
- Amazon Prime Video App Launches on Apple TV [Update: TV App Supported] - Mac Rumors
- Time Person of the Year: The Silence Breakers
- From Bezos to Walton, Big Investors Back Fund for ‘Flyover’ Start-Ups
- Benicia Makerspace Crowdfund
- Google Home Mini is crashing and rebooting for some when playing certain songs at high volume
- Best Buy claims Google Home Max will be on sale December 11th
- Google could be forced to pay over five million UK iPhone users £2.7 billion in compensation
- At least one US state is probing Google’s secret tracking of Android users
- How a Radio Shack Robbery Could Spur a New Era in Digital Privacy
- Google's Santa hub has you taking 'elfies' around the world
- Google Safety Center
- People have spent over $1M buying virtual cats on the Ethereum blockchain | TechCrunch
- Schumer: Scammers with cyber bots driving up costs of hottest holiday toys
- Winklevoss twins become first Bitcoin billionaires
- Chipotle Is Already Revamping Its Queso Recipe
- Yahoo’s Insanely Bad Deal to Pay Mozilla $375 Million a Year for Nothing Is Headed to Court
- Harry Potter IR wand