Pixel Buds are "like spiders clawing in your ears." Net Neutrality will die on December 14th, no matter what you do to protest. DOJ blocks AT&T/Time Warner merger. Peter Thiel sells most of his Facebook stock, splits with Y Combinator, might buy Gawker.com assets. Google tracks Android locations. Tesla's big new truck.
- Stacey's Thing: CleverPet
- Jeff's Number: 9 Ways Twitter can punish miscreants, but usually doesn't.
- Leo's Tool: Radio3.io
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Peter Thiel sells most of remaining Facebook stake
- Google says that the Pixel 2 buzzing noise will be fixed in an upcoming OTA
- [Update: Going live "over the coming weeks"] Lens is now rolling out to Google Assistant
- FCC Plans December Vote to Kill Net Neutrality Rules
- FCC will also order states to scrap plans for their own net neutrality laws
- FCC Relaxes Media Ownership Rules in Contentious Vote
- Peter Thiel May Be Looking To Buy Gawker.com
- Google collects Android users’ locations even when location services are disabled
- YouTube terminates exploitive ‘kids’ channel ToyFreaks, says it’s tightening its child endangerment policies
- YouTube is Back on Amazon Echo Show
- The Education of Mark Zuckerberg
- Facebook (Still) Letting Housing Advertisers Exclude Users by Race
- THIS IS THE TESLA SEMI TRUCK
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveils a surprise new car: A new ridiculously fast Roadster
- Kaspersky: Yes, we obtained NSA secrets. No, we didn’t help steal them
- Tim Wu: Why the Courts Will Have to Save Net Neutrality
- Justice Department is suing to block AT&T-Time Warner merger
- CEO of HQ, the Hottest App Going: If You Run This Profile, We’ll Fire Our Host
- Uber Hid 2016 Breach, Paying Hackers to Delete Stolen Data
- Why is this company tracking where you are on Thanksgiving?
- 'PUBG' will be tweaked to add socialist-friendly messages in China
- AI CAN HELP HUNT DOWN MISSILE SITES IN CHINA
- 9 ways Twitter can punish miscreants. Fine. Why doesn't it use them?